The Staff Accountant is responsible for processing accounting transactions, compiling and analyzing financial reports, maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, providing ad hoc analyses and providing general support to the CFO. This position will have tremendous exposure to all aspects of the accounting cycle. The position requires an individual who has a solid understanding of U.S. GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls, and financial analysis tools and techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process journal entries and other accounting transactions
- Maintain overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger.
- Organize and maintain accounting files and records.
- Assist with month-end close procedures and perform G/L account reconciliations.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, minimize inefficiencies, and improve EBITDA.
- Analyze financial statements and other reports to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and identify significant variances from plan, forecast, and prior periods.
- Respond to requests for financial/accounting information from all business functions.
- Assist with year-end financials and other audits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting
- Minimum 2 -3 years accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Superior organization skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of financial software programs
- Focus on managing time well and multi-task
- Effectively interact as a team member and collaborate with other departments
- Meet strict deadlines and be punctual
- Work hard and pay attention to detail
- Work efficiently, accurately, and be well-detailed
- Prior experience with Quickbooks, a plus
Apply with your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to FloSports Recruiting. We look forward to considering your candidacy for the role!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.