The Head of Advertising Operations will be responsible for the production and development of the advertising and promotional activity across the FloSports Network. Will be responsible for flawlessly deploying ad campaigns into the marketplace on various platforms, which include web/mobile-based devices. This includes scheduling and trafficking ads as well as producing performance reports, managing inventory and media placements in coordination with internal departments. This person will also lead ad ops innovation and process improvement efforts.
This position will be based in Austin, Texas at FloSports HQ.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Head of Advertising Operations include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the internal ad ops team by overseeing the scheduling, production and implementation of all network advertising campaigns to ensure timely and accurate implementation
- Work closely with Sales, Account Management, our 3rd party advertising operations vendors and agencies to schedule campaigns to ensure smooth delivery of assets and media, meeting and surpassing advertisers’ expectations.
- Liaise with Sales and Content regarding the planning, managing inventory availability, prioritization, scheduling, testing and delivery of campaigns
- Review dashboards and reports and make informed, rapid changes to efficiently increase performance on campaigns
- Prepare reports and deliver insights at launch, during and after campaigns
- Advise/consult with internal departments regarding targeting, advertising inventory, availability forecasting and campaign performance
- Analyze data, prepare recommendations and perform periodic optimizations to ensure campaign success rate
- Deploy sophisticated digital campaigns using our internal team to coordinate delivery of media with ADTECH/DFA/Pointroll/MediaMind platform.
- Troubleshoot various tracking problems, developing solutions and documenting internal procedures, policies, and tutorials regarding ad tracking, delivery and targeting.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings to review the progress of campaigns, and resolve issues as needed
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, and other teams to inform, test, and implement product and operational improvements.
- Provide sales people with proposals for advertising inventory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
BA/BS degree or equivalent and five plus years’ experience working in digital ad operations in digital publisher or agency environment. Two years managing a team or Ad Ops function including monitoring and managing the delivery of campaigns, managing ad inventory, and working on ad serving systems. Knowledge of ADTECH/DFA is critical.
- Prior Web and Web advertising experience is a plus
- Comfortable making decisions and executing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and to effectively set priorities
- Knowledge of publisher and agency ad tags and performance metrics for advertising campaigns
- Outstanding leadership and problem solving skills
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of marketing principles, audience targeting selection methods and data collection methods, and terminology
- Understanding of web creative production, database concepts and technology.
- Moderate to advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, database, scheduling, ad tech and reporting
- Possess a “Can-do” problem-solving attitude working with minimal resources when necessary
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Results-driven professional with a passion for performance and desire to stay on top of industry and technical trends
- Experience in working with Rich Media (Expandable, Video, Floating), Mobile, Video (VAST, VPAID) and Standard Display Ads a preferred.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to FloSports Recruiting. We look forward to considering your candidacy for the role!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.