Super passionate about track & field? We want you! With that in mind, the position is ideal for someone with a journalism, web, and/or social media background. This is not just an ’employment opportunity’, it’s an opportunity to make your work and your passion one and the same.
FloSports is hiring a full-time Associate Producer for our MileSplit team to create awesome video content, covering track and field news and rankings, traveling to meets, and taking FloSports to the next level.
The ideal individual is someone who can shine in a highly collaborative team environment, but also be independent and resourceful. Organization and strong management of tasks in a fast paced environment is key. We’ll show you the ropes, but you better be ready to move quick! We are looking for someone who will make a fast impact in the company; someone equally motivated to grow the sport they love, and the business alike.
Keep reading if you want the best job in the world!
1) Show us your editing skills.
Saying you can edit videos doesn’t cut it. Show us!
2) How creative are you?
What creative ideas would you bring to MileSplit? We want someone who can take the sport of Track and Field to new heights. To the outside world, track is just people running in circles, but to us, track is the best thing since sliced bread.
3) Can you handle it?
Remember the running season never ends. It’s a 24-7-365 sport. Indoor -> Outdoor -> Cross Country -> Back to Indoor. We are looking for someone who can keep up with the sport with the desire to travel and constantly be on top of the running news cycle.
4) Tell us what you bring to the table that others do not.
And don’t say “passion for track” because we know everyone reading this is passionate for the sport and loves track & field.
5) What grade did you get in public speaking class?
While we don’t actually care what grade you got, we do care about how good you are on camera. The position requires you to be on camera, doing play-by-play, interviewing athletes, and interacting with fans. So if you are camera shy don’t apply.
- Create, organize, and curate content (video, photo, text)
- Daily site management
- Major Event Coverage (video highlights, interviews, etc. Involves travel)
- Adding a strong written component to the website
- Collaborate with creative, design, product and technical team
- Business Development (Grow the sport, grow the business!)
- Work with MileSplit network of contributors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Belief that track and field is the best sport in the world
- Familiar with high school and college track and field scenes
- Web/tech savvy
- Great communication skills and time management
- Solid writing experience
- Work fast (Being able to turn over projects quickly)
- Video production and editing
- Scheduling experience
- Social Media
- Competitive track & field background
- Well-traveled/Desire to travel
The position is full-time and is located in Austin, Texas.
Apply at FloSports Recruiting with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. We look forward to considering your candidacy for the role!
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love.
Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Elite Fitness, Wrestling, and Gymnastics.