FloSports Inc. is seeking for immediate hire a General Manager to lead FloGrappling.com (Grappling and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu), one of our many communities of die-hard sports. Most important, the role will be responsible for ensuring success on a variety of levels: event video rights, strategic partnerships, content quality, traffic, engagement and monetization. Additional functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, P&L and KPI responsibility, high-level strategy definition through execution and implementation and leadership of content and premium team, identifying overall partnership opportunities to grow our value and scale. The ideal candidate will have a Business Development background along with the necessary communications skills and business savvy to develop strong relationships with existing and prospective event partners, key athletes and coaches as well as the internal Marketing, Editorial and Production teams. He or she will also be an “expert” within the Grappling/BJJ world as it pertains to the sport, the growth of the sport, and being ahead of the curve in the sport. The candidate will report into the SVP of Rights Acquisition and Subscription.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for events, premium content and premium features enabling the company to gain a competitive edge within the space
- Identify and develop event partnerships and rights within the space
- Identify and develop key association partnerships within the space
- Identify and develop key athlete and brand partnerships within the space
- Oversee the proper execution of content, premium, and live streaming
- Foster, develop, grow and retain key strategic relationships within the space
- Establish qualitative and quantitative goals for the vertical
- Foster an innovative customer-focused culture
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven track record of P&L and KPI management within the space
- Experience leading a new-media company in a rapidly evolving and growing space
- Complete and cohesive understanding of the digital media world
- Experience managing a complex team while maintain an agile framework
- Experience developing businesses in both B2B and B2C environment
- Customer / product focused to their core
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Team builder
About FloSports Inc.
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Elite Fitness, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Grappling, Bodybuilding, Softball, Cheerleading, Boxing, and Running, including MileSplit.com.