FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire a Sr. Editor for Varsity.tv, a new channel in partnership with Varsity Spirit, the worldwide leader in cheerleading and dance team camps, competitions, and apparel.
The senior editor is an ideas generator, coach to the content team, and all-around cheerleading and dance team content expert who makes sure all stories and content are best in class and relevant to athletes, coaches, and fans.
The ideal candidate is a passionate and curious subject matter expert, who is excited at the prospect of crafting all types of content about cheer and dance, and a world rich with stories, celebrities, events, and history.
- Conceptualize, create and develop quality web content, both written and video, around the key athletes, personalities, and programs in cheer and dance.
- Travel to top cheer and dance competitions in the country and abroad to provide compelling on-site written and video coverage including but not limited to interviews, recaps, analysis, and features.
- Work in close collaboration with the Varsity Spirit Marketing and Social Media teams in Memphis to ensure that all content complies with Varsity Spirit’s brand and style guidelines.
- To lead and participate in content meetings and to provide detailed feedback on audience engagement/experience.
- Manage contributor-submitted content from freelance writers and editors.
- Be able to handle multiple projects regarding general content, subscription and sales initiatives and deliver required assets on deadline.
- Keeping abreast of the current and developing storylines in cheer and dance to stay ahead of the competition.
- Identify and leverage influencers on social media to maximize our content distribution and reach.
- Understand best practices in content development across devices, channels, and mediums.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be an expert in the world of cheerleading and have your finger on the pulse of the community we’re serving.
- Superior written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar and proofreading skills; a good listener.
- You thrive on being the first to break a story and out scoop other media organizations.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; Proven ability to collaborate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess critical thinking, analytical and creative talent to develop a concept, idea, fact or content into a strong visual presentation on tight deadlines.
- Must understand the value of leveraging social media to promoting content and drive traffic. You know the right levers to pull to increase the visibility of content on social media.
- Ability to interact with senior management. Ability to work independently. Team player who also demonstrates leadership skills in a matrix-managed organization.
- You thrive on developing new ideas, and you’re excited to roll up your sleeves and execute on them.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college (e.g. B.A., B.S.) required.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) preferred.
- Your performance will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Quality and volume of content produced
- Overall traffic growth goals
About FloSports Inc.
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Elite Fitness, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Grappling, Bodybuilding, Softball, Cheerleading, Boxing, and Running, including MileSplit.com.