FloSports is looking for a Director of Owned Events to lead and execute its growing stable of branded events in all of its sports. The Director, Owned Events is will be ultimately responsible for the pre-event planning, marketing, budget and operations, as well as day-of event coordination and fulfillment. As the primary point of contact for all FloSports branded or operated events, he/she will work directly with the Chief Operations Officer to track and manage goals, budgets and event executions to strategically develop and produce events that continue to build the FloSports brand and reputation within these sports communities.
- Lead and Execute throughout the event planning process, including but not limited to: Marketing & advertising, identifying venues and vendors (research), coordinating site visits, creation of sitemaps and event staffing timelines, event set-up and breakdown, and management of event / volunteer staff and inventory.
- Identify and secure dates/venues of future Flo Events
- Develop an aggressive but on-target event budget estimate, identifying ways to reduce event costs and maximize revenue, including soliciting multiple vendor bids, learn and help with negotiating contracts
- Develop event marketing plan
- Assist in the development of event collateral such as programs, credentials and signage.
- Lead day-of event management and planning of event and vendor set-up/ load-ins/load-outs
- Logistics, planning, including permitting, vendor and volunteer coordination, athlete hospitality and transportation.
- Post-event wrap-up and notes on what took place and can be improved
- Post-event payment of invoices and vendor settlements
- Assist with special projects and fulfill special requests pertaining to sales and marketing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- To be familiar with the internal workings and operations of sporting events
- Be unequivocally proactive
- Passionateabout sports
- Knowledge of sales & marketing
- Extremely focused and detail oriented, yet able to juggle many things at once
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to work and thrive in a high-pressure / deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ Years Experience Organizing Events
- Proven track record of event execution success
- Experience managing internal/external teams, people and complex projects
- Be a team LEADER, creative and MAKE THINGS HAPPEN
Apply HERE to be considered for the role!
FloSports is a direct-to-consumer, subscription-based sports media company located in Austin, Texas. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Track, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Gymnastics, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, eSports, and Cheerleading.