FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire a Staff Writer to help produce written content across all FloSports verticals.
The Staff Writer will coordinate with FloSports senior editors to create written content for all sports. The Staff Writer will work with our editors to accept content assignments, but the ideal candidate will also come up with pitches on their own, coordinate with the senior editors on pitches and then develop approved content. The Staff Writer will produce news stories, short features, recaps and stories with social media engagement.
The ideal Staff Writer candidate is a news and journalism hound with an eye for stories that pop off the page and the ability to quickly produce clean written copy on first draft.
- Stay on top of current trends and stories for each of our verticals
- Develop creative new ways to build stories for publication
- Coordinate with senior editors on assignments and pitches
- Produce clean written copy on first draft with little to no editing needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- You are a fantastic writer. Grammar mistakes drive you crazy.
- You consume the news at a rapid pace and have the ability to identify stories that might be of particular interest to our readers.
- You have an eye for viral stories that will generate both traffic and social media engagement
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and Apple computing products.
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
- A journalism or creative writing degree is a plus.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) is a plus.
- Personal athletic experience is a plus.
Apply HERE to be considered for the role!
FloSports is a direct-to-consumer, subscription-based sports media company located in Austin, Texas. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Track, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Gymnastics, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, eSports, and Cheerleading.