FloSports is seeking a General Counsel to oversee the organization’s legal affairs. You will work with our executive team to ensure that the company operates within the law at all times, counsel on legal issues and facilitate business strategies development.
- Provide accurate and timely legal guidance to the executive staff on all matters that affect the company including commercial partnerships, vendor agreements, labor and employment law, media rights and IP issues etc.
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Oversee and manage budgets for legal spend
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable legislation and continually research legal issues impacting the Company and best practices
- J.D. degree, undergraduate business degree will also be highly valued
- 7-10 years’ legal practice experience
- Proven understanding of national and international labor, trademark, media, and copyright laws.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
Apply HERE to be considered for the role!
FloSports is a direct-to-consumer, subscription-based sports media company located in Austin, Texas. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Track, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Gymnastics, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, eSports, and Cheerleading.