Sr. Manager, Subscription & Rights Acquisition, MileSplit
FloSports Inc. is seeking to hire a Manager to lead MileSplit, the largest community of high school track & field and cross country die-hards on the planet. Most important, the role will be responsible for ensuring success on a variety of levels: strategic planning and analysis, content quality, traffic, quality statistics, event video rights, partnerships, engagement and monetization. Additional functional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, P&L and KPI responsibility, high-level strategy definition through execution and implementation and leadership of content and premium team, identifying overall partnership opportunities to grow our value and scale.
The ideal candidate will have a Business Development background along with the necessary communications skills and business savvy to develop strong relationships with existing and prospective partners. Also need strong cross-functional skills to work with internal Marketing, Editorial, Software, Product and Production teams. He or she will also be an “expert” within the running world as it pertains to the growth of the sport, and being ahead of the curve in the sport. The candidate will report into the SVP of Rights Acquisition and Subscription.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for events, premium content and premium features enabling the company to gain a competitive edge within the space
- Identify and develop event partnerships and rights within the space
- Identify and develop key association partnerships within the space
- Identify and develop premium product opportunities
- Oversee the proper execution of content, premium, and live streaming
- Oversee the proper execution of statistics processing
- Analyze and optimize the impact of software partnerships across events, partners and states
- Analyze and optimize the impact of premium content execution
- Foster, develop, grow and retain key strategic relationships within the space
- Establish qualitative and quantitative goals for the vertical
- Foster an innovative customer-focused culture
- Experience developing businesses in both B2B and B2C environments
- Strong understanding and passion of the high school track & field and cross country space
- Demonstrated analytical capacities and strong experience working within Excel
- Experience with P&L and KPI management
- Experience leading a new-media company in a rapidly evolving and growing space
- Complete and cohesive understanding of the digital media world
- Experience managing a complex team while maintaining an agile framework
- Customer / product focused to their core
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Team builder
Apply HERE to be considered for the role!
FloSports is a direct-to-consumer, subscription-based sports media company located in Austin, Texas. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, and weekly studio shows, FloSports is unlocking a world of sports coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Wrestling, Track, Grappling, MMA, Elite Fitness, Boxing, Softball, Gymnastics, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis, eSports, and Cheerleading.