FloSports is seeking to hire an Assistant Editor to contribute to Varsity.tv and FloCheer.
The Assistant Editor is an ideas generator and all-around cheer and dance content expert who makes sure all stories and content are best in class and relevant to cheer and dance athletes, coaches and fans. They’re plugged in to the community and on top of breaking news and leads to cheer and dance related stories.
The ideal candidate is a passionate subject matter expert who is excited at the prospect of crafting all types of cheer and dance content.
- Conceptualize, create and develop quality web content, both written and video, around key athletes, personalities, schools and programs.
- Travel to events to provide compelling on-site written and video coverage including but not limited to interviews, recaps, analysis, and features.
- Lead and participate in content meetings and provide detailed feedback on audience engagement/experience.
- Be able to handle multiple projects around general content, subscription and sales initiatives and deliver required assets on deadline.
- Keeping abreast of the current and developing storylines to stay ahead of the competition.
- Ensure that all content complies with our unique brand and style guidelines.
- Identify and leverage influencers on social media to maximize our content distribution and reach.
- Understand best practices in content development across devices, channels, and mediums.
- Travel to produce documentary series on the major athletes, programs/teams, and personalities in cheer.
- Will work very closely with the Varsity Spirit Marketing team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be an expert on cheer and dance and have your finger on the pulse of the community.
- Superior written and verbal communication, grammar and proofreading skills; good listener.
- Thrive on being the first to break a story and out scoop other media organizations.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; Proven ability to collaborate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess critical thinking, analytical and creative talent to develop a concept, idea, fact or content into a strong visual presentation on tight deadlines.
- Must understand the value of leveraging social media to promote content and drive traffic; know the right levers to pull to increase the visibility of content on social media.
- Thrive on developing new ideas, and excited to execute on them.
- An undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field.
- Must work from FloSports Headquarters in Austin, TX.
- Highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of HTML, photo editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, Pixelmator) and MS Office.
- Knowledge of AP Style preferred.
- Knowledge of video editing tools (Final Cut, Premier, Avid) preferred.
Apply HERE to be considered for the role!
About FloSports Inc.
FloSports, an innovative sports media and events company based in Austin, Texas, is the authentic source for content and a new world of coverage that true fans have been waiting for. Focused on three areas – live competition and coverage, original content, and owned and operated events – the company takes fragmented communities and provides them the platform to connect with the sports they love. Through live streaming of premier events, original video programming, weekly studio shows, branded entertainment, and event creation and execution, FloSports is changing the game for the sports, the athletes and the fans. Current verticals under the FloSports header are Running, Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Basketball, Boxing, Cheer and Dance, MMA, Elite Fitness, Softball and Gymnastics.